- Oct 2017 – Present: Senior Design Manager, C+E Admin Experience
- Aug 2016 – Oct 2017: Design Lead, Microsoft Azure Portal and Marketplaces.
Aug 2017 – Present: Owner, Founder, Speaker
Create and deliver world-renowned design talks and workshops.
April 2008 – Present: Ensemble Performer & Instructor
Perform in weekly improvised theatrical productions, and teach weekly improv classes at varying levels to adults.
Sept 2014 – July 2016: Senior User Experience Designer
- 2015-2016: Solved platform-level design challenges for the Alexa Voice Service team. Owned design for Alexa Notifications. Represented design for Echo Look, Ford, and Sonos engagements. Contributed to Echo Show and Alexa for FireTV.
- 2014-2016: Joined the fledgling Echo Look team as employee #3. Provided instrumental product design vision, from storyboarding to complete voice designs.
Seattle Experimental Theater
June 2011 – June 2017: Digital Media Coordinator
Maintain multiple Facebook pages and a company Web and blog presence. Design and run ad campaigns on a per-production basis.
Nov 2007 – Sept 2014: Senior User Experience Designer
- System Center Configuration Manager 2012
- Windows Intune Wave C & D
- Windows Automotive Next-Gen (codename Spa)
- Cortana: Email, Messaging, Reminders and Meetings
2010-2012: Vice-President of the Board of Directors
Focus on branding, community building, Microsoft partnership, and outreach.
Amaze Entertainment / Griptonite Games
Nov 2004 – Nov 2007: Producer
- Disney Friends (DS)
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest (DS/GBA)
- Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe (GBA)
Maxis / Electronic Arts
May 2003 – Nov 2004: Assistant Producer
- The Sims Makin’ Magic (PC)
- The Sims Bustin’ Out (GBA, PS2/Xbox/GC, NGage)
- Sims 2 (PC)
- Urbz: Sims in the City (GBA/DS)
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts / Destination Disney On-Site
Summer 2002: Professional Intern, Interface Design
Designed and prototyped an interactive in-room hotel TV service, and prototyped the print and photo server framework for Disney’s Photopass.
Carnegie Mellon University
B.S. in Computer Science and Human-Computer Interaction, 2002
Entertainment Technology Center Graduate Study, 2002-2003